Monday, August 15, 2011

Wilderness survival again.

Went fishing for ayu again this past weekend. I dared to take my camera with me (and used a plastic bag to help me keep it safe) so this time, I'll let the photos do all the talking!

Fishing spot for the day! It was another intensely hot day...
But wading through the river kept us nice and cool!
アメンボ (water striders) all over the place!
Stalking the fish....
I caught one!!! I managed to catch four, which is my record high (but still pathetic since the others caught about 10 fish each).
My super awesome friend, Nami-chan! It is only her second time, but she's managed to catch at least 15 fish both times. We all decided she has some sort of innate talent, perhaps because she was a fisherman in her previous life or something.
The guy to the right is pulling the giant net we use to trap the fish before catching them with our hands~!
Our haul for the day!
Last but not least, the tradition of splitting the catch - one fish at a time!
Of course, I still had a two hour drive home in the intense heat so I chose not to have any fish, but it was totally worth it - for the experience AND to stay cool! Hope you all enjoyed the photos~.

No comments:

Post a Comment