Monday, October 24, 2011

One Week in Chiba: Part 4 ~Tokyo Disneyland Halloween 2011~


On the next leg of our trip, my mother and I went on a playdate to Tokyo Disneyland! I've been wanting to go to the Halloween event for ages, and since my dad (who is not such a big fan of theme parks) was off playing golf, this was a perfect chance for my mom and I to go.

Halloween decorations in front of Cinderella's Castle!
The forecast called for rain that day so I was a little uneasy about how much we would actually be able to enjoy the park, but it cleared up pretty early on and turned out to be a gorgeous day!


 The entire park is decked out in Halloween decorations, so it's a lot of fun enjoying them as you wander around. The highlight for me is by far the Haunted Mansion, which is given a total Nightmare Before Christmas makeover at this time of the year. Do we have that at Disney World/Disneyland in the States too???

Zombie dancers?!
Another thing that I'm pretty sure we don't have (or at least nowhere near the same scale) at the Disney parks back home are the parades

Some random shots from the Halloween parade:

I always love the dancers' costumes :D I would SO want to wear this outfit!
Two-faced lady sitting on the inside of one of the floats.
Vampires? They are super cute~.
One of the dancers interacting with a member of the audience.

In between parades, rides, and walking all over the places, we replenished our energy with snacks. No trip to Tokyo Disneyland is complete without this:

Soy sauce & butter popcorn! Pure genius.
In typical Japanese fashion, there was also a bunch of different "limited time" foods available just the Halloween event. This is the pumpkin soft serve!



Soon the evening rolled around, and it was almost time for the Electrical Parade! 

I think? I heard someone say that they hadn't been doing this parade for awhile because of setsuden (conserving electricity) stuff. When I last came in the summer, they had a much shorter and simpler version only for rainy days, so I wasn't sure how much to expect...but I was very very pleasantly surprised!


And here's a bunch of photos from the parade:

Goofy is hiding around the center of the photo, and Minnie is standing right next to the giant drum!
Toy Story float!
Alice and the Cheshire Cat.
Monsters, Inc. float.
Genie! Someone around me was constantly talking about how this flight has been repaired/given a makeover. You can't tell in this photo, but Genie can change colors, etc. - like he changes into an aloha shirt!
Many of the princesses were present too! A little blurry, but this is Cinderella's float.
And once again, you can't forget the dancers! ...and I just wanted to post this photo, which I think turned out really cool with the moving lights.

Anyway, the Halloween event will be held until October 31, so there's only about a week left...but if you have the chance, please go! It's so much fun!!! There's also the annual Christmas event that will start in November and run until the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment