Wednesday, June 22, 2011

行こうさ〜。

First post ever!

The blog title doesn't need much explanation - this blog is dedicated to my random encounters and experiences living in Chiba.

The address itself, "ikosa (行こうさ)," is from the Boshu dialect, usually spoken in the Awa Region of Chiba Prefecture (Tateyama, Kamogawa, Minamiboso, and Kyonan). It's a friendly way of saying, "let's go!!" In standard Japanese, it'd probably come out something like "行くぜ"! I guess.

For the past three years, I've been living in Kamogawa, a small city in southern Chiba. I chose this name to pay tribute to Kamogawa - and all the kindness and generosity that has been shown to me here. I'll be moving to Chiba City in just about a month, but even after that I hope to wander around all areas of Chiba, and share them through this blog!

Rainbow over the newly built Kamogawa Junior High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment