Thursday, January 5, 2012

the Fish.

As I mentioned in my last post, there will be a Kickoff Event for Chiba Prefecture's spring tourism campaign 「きらきら房総〜誰と行く?〜」here at the Fish, this weekend from January 7-9, 2012. So allow me to introduce the event's venue through photos!

the Fish on a bright summer day.
I had passed by the Fish multiple times before, but had never gotten the chance to go inside. You can't tell so much here, but it's a pretty interesting looking building, so it stands out from its surroundings.

Walk inside, and you'll be welcomed by a gigantic souvenir shop selling all sorts of goods from the surounding areas - fish, snacks, toys, and more. I found some fantastic pickled vegetables here!!!

We were hungry that day, so we shuffled over to the restaurant in a hurry.
Delights of the sea galore!
This set looked pretty amazing, but it was long gone by the time we got into the restaurant.
We went on a late summer weekend, and the restaurant was so popular that I think we had to wait for almost 2 hours before we got in! So if you want to eat here, you might want to sign your name in and then look around the souvenir shop.

Finally...lunch is served! This is one of my favorite foods here in Japan - kinmedai no nitsuke (金目鯛の煮付け)
the Fish is right next to the Tokyo Bay Ferry's Kanaya Port, so you can watch the ferries come and go!
Looking out over the Futtsu area.
Afterwards, take a walk outback to work off your lunch while enjoying the lovely scenery of the Chiba's coast and Tokyo Bay.


Once you've digested lunch a bit, don't forget to stop by the Minamitei Sweets Factory for treats to bring home...and dessert!


Baumkuchen seem to be one of their most popular products, but there were a good number of other products (made from local ingredients!) that definitely had my name on them. I need to go back...


Anyway, this concludes my tour of the Fish, but I really recommend this place if you are in the area...and like I mentioned before, this weekend's kickoff event is a great excuse to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment