Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hideaway cafe.

A little light hidden in the darkness of the Chiba Minato warehouse district.
It began on a lazy Sunday night...my dear friend and I were looking for a place to eat. We wanted to eat at a nice cafe, but the only place open so late was here....the elusive Mother Moon Cafe!

I say elusive because it is literally hidden in an unlit alley of the warehouse district in between Inage Kaigan and Chiba Minato Stations on the JR Keiyo Line. We drove by the street it was on 2-3? times before saying, screw it! I think it's this street!! ...and that's where it was hiding.

Perfect for relaxing with friends and loved ones.
Take a step inside, and you'll find a comfy cafe restaurant. The seating is a strategically placed to create little intimate pockets and let you forget everyone else around you.

Also, the food was amazing. Sadly, I don't remember the names of what we ate anymore, but I do remember that they were mind-blowingly delicious :) So I'll let the photos do the talking.

Prosciutto ham with cheese? on bread, with olive oil and honey. Mmmm it just melted away in our mouths!
Oven-baked chicken steak with lots of pepper and some sort of vinegar sauce I think? And tons of yummy veggies!
It looks kind of gross here, but it was a very very amazing berry tart!
Might I randomly mention that I think all of their cakes/tarts come with a scoop of drool-worthy almond ice cream. Soooo good. So good that we wound up coming back for dessert at some point during the week after.

Outdoor seating, perfect for t
Simply amazing. Chiba might seem like it doesn't have any exciting/fancy places, but it does!!! They are just in hiding. If you're looking for a nice place to chill, and perhaps slightly prepared to get lost along the way....definitely try out the Mother Moon Cafe!

Here's the cafe website:
http://www.mothermoon.co.jp/mihama/index.html

1 comment:

  1. I am coming back to Japan and you are taking me here!

    ReplyDelete