Monday, November 14, 2011

Hijiki chicken burger?!

What's this?! The package reads that this burger can only be purchased at this store.
Yes...a hijiki chicken burger!

I have this obsession for 限定 or "limited edition" stuff, particularly when it comes to foods. And Japan has this everywhere! Season-limited foods, region-limited foods, you name it. When I came upon this bad boy, I just knew I had to try it.

See the black things poking out of the top of the lettuce? There's your hijiki :)
This burger can only purchased at the Lotteria inside Ichihara Service Area (市原SA(下り)), located along the Tateyama Expressway headed south towards Kisarazu/Tateyama/Kamogawa, etc. It was pretty good - I had it when my parents were visiting, and I think my dad enjoyed it so much he actually ate most of it.

Next time you've got plans to head down to southern Chiba by car, don't forget to save space in your stomach for the hijiki chicken burger!

1 comment:

  1. I know your feelings...I love limited products, too! Now I must eat this! Too bad I almost never take the highway :-/

    ReplyDelete