Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chiba City Floral Museum (千葉市花の美術館)

My birthday found me bent to do something new and special, yet chill enough to relax from my continuously hectic schedule. So I chose two destinations that I had been looking for an excuse to go to!

A gorgeous day at the Chiba City Floral Museum!
With Hana-chan, the Floral Museum's mascot character!
Glass slipper!
Right now at the Floral Museum, they are doing a limited-time exhibit called "Floral Christmas." I came across it while I was translating stuff at work, and I was really happy to find that they had (for some reason) combined the Christmas theme with Cinderella!

Pumpkin carriage!
This was my favorite display! You are actually allowed to climb into the display to take photos there. AWESOME. On a separate note, I am not a huge fan of poinsettias, but I reaaaally like the peach ones in the front left of this photo!


The regular exhibits are lots of fun too:

Couch!
The coach looks a little...spiky, yeah? That's because it's made out of rose thorns!!! There was also a full skirted dress, hat, bag, and stiletto heels made out of plant thorns! Talk about art. o_O

What's in the cup?
Located on the second floor, this room is full of hands-on stuff that you can play with! This table has a bunch of cups with different scents in them!

I had a lot of fun with these! The photo is of a flower belonging to a normal fruit/vegetable that we would find on our dinner tables...I already forget which is what though. D:

Octopus tree!!! It is kinda creepy looking, but interesting nonetheless.
They also had a pretty awesome greenhouse with lots of plants I'd never seen before.

Mini pineapples! So cute!!!

After wandering the museum for an hour and a half or so, we were starving so we decided to grab lunch at the restaurant directly attached to the museum.

Pizzaaaaa!
They have a lovely patio area, so it's probably really nice to come here on a nice day/when more flowers are in bloom! The food here was surprisingly good and totally normal, reasonable prices, so if you come to museum I suggest you come eat here. :D

Taken at a purikura machine on the same day.
Although this is totally unrelated to the Floral Museum, I just want to note that apparently my birthday is also pizza day! Awesome that we both chose to eat pizza just before learning this.


Links to more info about the Chiba City Floral Museum:
- Chiba City website (English) http://www.city.chiba.jp/somu/shichokoshitsu/kokusai/tour_ccfm.html
- Floral Museum website (Japanese) http://www.floral-museum.jp/

I totally recommend here if you are looking for a quiet, nice place to rest and relax! There were a lot of people here who just seemed to be taking a walk within the museum itself...plus Inage Kaigan Park is located right outside of the museum, if you want to wander around some more.


Next stop: Tokyo German Village (actually located in Sodegaura City in Chiba) Winter Illumination!

No comments:

Post a Comment