Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gourmet trip in Minamiboso.

Inside the restaurant area of Hina no Sato.
Recently I had the chance to make some progress on one of my ongoing missions....hunting down deliciousness in Chiba, particularly down south!

First stop -  Michi-no-Eki "Hina no Sato" (道の駅 鄙の里) in Minamiboso! I've gone to almost all of the Michi-no-Eki in the Awa region of Chiba...I'm working on eventually going to all of them! As I mentioned in a previous post, Michi-no-Eki are kind of like rest areas, but better!

Miyoshi's dairy products are hardcore!!
Hina no Sato sells products mainly from Miyoshi, the area of Minamiboso that it's located in. Miyoshi is really big on dairy products...still need to try that yogurt liquor they had!

(Okay I am cheating and leaving the photo small on purpose because it's a bit blurry...sorry my lovely models!)
Our first target...Hina no Sato's soft serve! They change the flavor every month...this month's flavor was strawberry yogurt! Mmm...the weather's getting warmer = ice cream season! Can't wait to find out what the flavor for May is.

Add caption
Our other target...BINGO BURGER! I love Japanese food, but every once in awhile there's just this urge to take a huge bite into a good burger, y'know?

Juicy meatiness!
Okay, we went for the burgers right after the soft serve, so I chickened out and got a Bingo Jr...but that's just more reason to go back another day and get a real Bingo burger! I was a little surprised that the burger bun was actually bread, but it goes really well! The hamburger patty is seriously amazing...and it comes with dessert haha.

Tucked away near Tateyama Station.
That evening, we went for a nice, relaxed dinner at CoCoTTE, a simple and comfy restaurant in Tateyama. They had a lovely, light course meal that I shall leave you with for this post (they have a larger course if you're feeling hungrier though!)...many more restaurants to dominate in the near future!

Appetizer: some sort of spicy soup, lovely spring roll, salmon, and I think some kind of meat?
You can choose fish or meat for your main...I got the fish, which was fried madai and something else...yum!!
My companions got the meat, which also looked fantastic.
Dessert...you get to choose THREE! I got creme brulee, yuzu sherbet, and almond mousse ice cream. All of it was delicious, but the almond mousse was particularly a really nice surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment