Friday, April 20, 2012

Sakura Season.

Cherry blossom has totally come and gone for this year here in Chiba....Did you get to enjoy the flowers? I was able to - twice! While it's not much, I just wanted to share some photos I took when I went hanami (cherry blossom viewing) with some of my coworkers a couple weeks ago.

Lots of other people enjoying the cherry blossoms on a gorgeous day in Chiba!
We went to Inohana Park (亥鼻公園), which is a little less than a 10 minute walk from my work. There were tons of people wandering around, so I guess everyone else had similar ideas too.


This is Chiba Castle (千葉城), which can also be found in the park! I've never gone inside - actually this was my first time seeing it up close...but I hope to come back to wander again at some point!


We found ourselves a nice spot to settle into. The weather was just right, so it was really tempting not to just roll over and take a nap (except for that we all had to get back to work, so it wasn't actually possible...reality can be so hars


We all ordered obento to eat in the park! I ordered a mini portion one - never want to eat too much for lunch, lest it puts me to sleep in the afternoon. :)

Food vendors line the park paths just for cherry blossom season.
Okay, not the greatest shot...but you can see a glimpse of where I work behind the flowers!!
April has been a pretty hectic month - I will be relieved to have it over with! Just one more week until Golden Week...Hope everyone else is have a good April so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment