Monday, June 10, 2013

A rest stop for foodies.

I like to drive. A lot. So even though driving is technically unnecessary for me now that I live in the city, I still do it anyway because I love the freedom it offers. Particularly, the freedom to go to my beloved Kamogawa in southern Chiba whenever I want (times for public transportation to the countryside can make travel to these areas kinda inconvenient).

For almost a whole year, most of Ichihara SA (Service Area), one of my favorite places to stop at on the way back to Chiba, was blocked off for renovation.

Happy posters covered the walls erected around the construction areas.
But then, finally the time for me to visit the spanking new service area came!!! I wish I had before pictures - it wasn't...bad before, but it did feel kinda old before.

And so...a photo tour of the reborn Ichihara Service Area!

All nice, new, and pretty now!
I love the colors they chose - so soothing...and the logo is simple but adorable!
Stroll in, and you'll find yourself in a spacious wonderland of vending machines, packaged souvenir goodies, and further in - a food court of yummies for the hungry traveler!

(not so pictured to the left) row of vending machines, (right) convenience store slash souvenir shop,
(straight ahead) more fun!


I haven't had the chance to eat here yet, but it looks like they've got a couple chain restaurants in here (Lotteria and Wired Cafe), but also a place that has food made from locally produced veggies and the like!

What I did get...freshly baked goodness.

In the front is a mini pizza covered in Chiba-grown vegetables, left is a cheese danish, and the back was some mass of bready deliciousness.

If only rest stops back in the U.S. were as nice as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment