|Our room keys. Each guest gets their own - to keep! Also, straight lines are hard to draw on a trackpad...|
But the Hotel Miracosta rocked my socks off.
When I talked about how much I liked Disney, people here would almost automatically respond that I needed to spend a night here. But all I really knew was that the Hotel Miracosta is so popular that it's nearly impossible to book...supposedly you need to book over a year in advance - well, if you're trying to book directly. I hadn't planned that far in advance, but I barely managed to find an opening through a travel agency. Aside from the suites, Miracosta's rates (and availability!) depends strongly on which view you are booking - but I'll get into that a bit later in this post.
I was pretty skeptical with all the hype, but despite the lofty price tag, it was totally worth it. I'd so do it again.
|Studiously checking out the hotel info channel.|
|Being silly in the powder room.|
|View from our room!|
|Out front the hotel! (Also, yes my sweatshirt is insane and that's why I love it!)|
|Wandering the Tokyo Disney Resort.|
Random shots as we wandered the Tokyo Disney Resort (counterclockwise, from the top left):
(1) Awesome giant map painting of Tokyo Disney Sea, located right by the Hotel Miracosta entrance to the park
(2) Ceiling mural at the newly renovated Ambassador Hotel - where my parents and I stayed 6 years ago!
(3) Giant cookie art (Happy 30th Anniversary, TDR!) the bakery inside the Ambassador Hotel.
(4) Mickey grabby things inside the monorail car!
(5) My mom being boss inside the Ambassador Hotel lobby
(6) One of my new favorite cafes - the epic nana's green tea, located on the ground floor of Ikspiari!
|Retracing our steps from 7 years ago!|