Saturday, September 10, 2011

Adventure at the Aqualine.

Umihotaru PA! (PA="Parking Area." There are SAs (Service Areas) as well, and they are pretty much the same as Michi-no-Eki...very similar to a nicer, larger version of rest areas in the U.S.
A few days ago I tagged along with my coworkers on a trip to the Tokyo Bay Aqualine. I got to wander around freely, and it was a gorgeous day - which resulted in a ton of random photos. Tokyo Bay Aqualine is basically a bridge + underwater tunnel that stretches across Tokyo Bay to connect Kisarazu City in Chiba Prefecture with Yokohama and Kawasaki in Kanagawa Prefecture.

Anyway...I'll let the photos do the talking!

Random photo #1. If you look really closely, you can see Tokyo Sky Tree around the center of the photo.

The Chiba Prefecture side of Tokyo Bay Aqualine!
Giant monument thing. If I remember correctly, this is a part of the drill they used to dig the tunnel.
Making our way up into Umihotaru. It's got 5 floors of fun!!!

I love random things - so it was really fun when I stumbled on these random statue things on the highest floor of Umihotaru!


I reaaaaaally wanted to sit here and take strange photos, but I was alone...perhaps next time!

After a decent amount of wandering, I started to get hungry...

Snacktime!!!
I had an asariman, or clam bun (usually these things are meat/pork buns). I'd never seen anything like this, I was really excited to try it!!

Someone else wants a bite too?

It was a pretty decent, big size AND stuffed with tons of clam! I totally recommend this if you are at Umihotaru and looking for a good snack <3

Can't go home without souvenirs! Chiba rakkasei peanuts (in different flavors, like sugar, sesame, blueberry, and matcha!) and Umihotaru honey cheesecake.

Towards the end of the day, I was awarded with some gorgeous views~.

Sun setting over Tokyo Bay.
Whee Mount Fuji!!! It was a bit humid that day, so you can't see it very clearly...but the Aqualine has amazing views of Mount Fuji in the winter and other clear, dry dies.
Cars headed to/from Kisarazu.

So that's the end of my random/simple tour of the Tokyo Aqualine. Tomorrow I'm off to Kamogawa for the festival and other fun, so please look forward to those updates in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment