Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Little R&R.

Today I'm switching gears from my usual posts. In between work and lots of other chores that needed to be taken care of, I was finally able to set aside some time for some good R&R.

Yay!! Playdate!
After getting our hair done (I was in desperate need of a recoloring), we grabbed lunch at one of our Chiba City favorites, Village Vanguard! Village Vanguard is not only one of the best bookstores ever, it also runs a chain of restaurants serving huge, juicy, amazingly delicious hamburgers.

(front) 温玉タコライス, (back) アボカドタコライス
Yes, their main menu is the hamburgers, but actually every time I go here I pretty much order this <3 Taco rice!!! The name says it all. It's taco filling - ground beef seasoned with taco spice, tomato, greens, and cheese (the bacon and egg is extra) - all on top of rice. Love love love this stuff!

We also just noticed that they had onion rings, and added that to our meal. This place is definitely great if you ever have a craving for a good American(?) meal. Make sure you go on an empty stomach!

The outside of the restaurant. It's located on the top floor of PARCO, a department store type place in Chiba and a little over a 5 minute walk from Chiba Station.

(left) Soy Matcha Frappuccino, (right) Apple Crumble Frappuccino
After looking around all the shops, we stopped for a break at Starbucks. Okay, once again not very Japan-like perhaps. In my defense, I rarely go to Starbucks here in Japan. We went because I'd had the Apple Crumble Latte a couple days ago, and wanted to share its deliciousness with someone else. This time I got the frappuccino version and it wasn't as good, but it was still nice.

Heehee. Simply because I really enjoy this photo.
Handful of LOVE rabbits!!!
One of our last stops for the day was the arcade! Kicchan helped me win this bunch of LOVE rabbits, which I really like because of their strange/dumb faces.

Trying to win a Gloomy Bear caught in a bear trap. I just noticed that cat poster in the corner, it's kinda creepy...

I tried reaaaaaaally hard not to buy stuff, I really did! I did okay, until I saw these babies. I love strapped heels because they won't fall off (lately my heels have the tendency to slip off while I'm walking and all of the sudden I am shoeless...maybe I walk weird??). If only they had them in dark blue..love the tan/orange color though! They were only 3,000 yen for both pairs~.

Okay! Enough randomness. Japan is finally transitioning into fall and the weather is absolutely wonderful~. A little more and soon I'll be able to whip out my trench coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment